16 Ocak 2015 Cuma


 
 
 
EXERCISE 1: PLEASE FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH CORRECT FORM OF VERBS
      1-The guy said it ..... (be) a time machine.
2-      They're at PacBell, and  I ..... (try)to bring them over to us.
3-      I ......(leave) the door open a little bit.
4-      I ......(learn) to finish my work quickly.
 
ANSWERS
1-      was
2-      am trying
3-      will leave / am leaving
4-      learned

 
EXERCISE 2 :PLEASE CLASSIFY THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES INTO DIFFERENT TYPES: SIMPLE, COMPOUND, COMPLEX  or COMPOUND-COMPLEX
1- Just to look at and study so I can choose better.
2- When I was a kid, I could go through a math book in a week.
3- You should probably do your sales calls.
4- I got three of them before the damn office is even open.
5- Here is a dollar and I'll give you more money when I come back out.
 
ANSWERS
1-      Compound
2-      Complex
3-      Simple
4-      Complex
5-      Complex-compound

EXERCISE 3: PLEASE CLASSIFY THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES INTO DIFFERENT SENTNCE TYPES; DECLERATIVE, INTERROGATIVE, IMPERATIVE OR EXCLAMATORY.
1-      Let me see if I can find you an application for our internship.
2-      We'd like to retire and maintain our lifestyle without paying a lot of taxes.
3-      Are you familiar with tax-free municipal?
4-      Stockbroker. Oh, goodness!

ANSWERS

1-Imperative
2-Declerative
3-Interrogative
4- Exclamatory
 



 



 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder